SEO, PPC advertising, and other digital marketing strategies are the primary methods of getting traffic to your website. The goal of your website’s design, on the other hand, is to encourage visitors to convert. That said, there are website design tips that will help bring more traffic to your website.
Before getting started with the seven tips in our list, here is a bonus one – design your website for your audience, not for you. Your website must properly represent your business, of course, but you will get more people to visit it if your audience finds it appealing.
Let’s now get on with the seven website design tips that will get traffic to your website.
1. Optimise Your Content
There are three main aspects to this tip:
- Make sure you have enough content as a lot of the analysis that Google does on your website is based on text. Therefore, you need enough text on each of your website’s pages to ensure Google knows what they are about.
- Ensure each page has a main target keyword. You will need to delve into SEO for this point as you will need to know what keywords you should be targeting. It’s important you then use those keywords on the pages of your website.
- Finally, make sure the text is easy to read. This means making it conversational and friendly while also using everyday language.
2. Ensure Your Content is Properly Structure
There is the right way to add content to a website and there are lots of wrong ways. The right way is to use header tags (in the right order), image alt tags, and, where appropriate, structured markup.
By doing this, you will help Google analyse and understand your site’s pages while also ensuring your website adheres to Google’s recommendations for optimised website design.
3. Make the Website Load Fast
Your website needs to load as fast as possible – it really is as simple as that. An experienced and skilled website developer in Auckland will know how to ensure your website is optimised for speed.
4. Add Social Sharing and Follow Icons
Social sharing and follow icons will increase traffic to your website from social media. They can also help with your social media strategy which, in turn, can benefit your SEO efforts, bringing even more traffic to your website. So, it’s better to have them than to not.
5. Optimise Your Website for All Devices
Your website should be responsive, so it displays properly on all devices. You should also take this a stage further, however, by making sure the website also looks and performs properly on all devices. Even though it is responsive, the responsive functionality might need tweaks to ensure it is as good as possible.
6. Secure Your Website
Getting an SSL certificate for your website will not only protect the data of your visitors, but it will also improve trust levels in your site when it appears in Google search.
7. Add Email List Sign-Up Forms
The final tip on our list is to add email list sign-up forms to your website. You should be continually building your email list to improve your email marketing strategy. After all, email marketing will bring traffic to your website.
Focus on Your Audience
None of the above seven points are complicated or expensive to implement. In addition, they will help make your website more appealing to visitors and they will bring more visitors to your site.