Here is How to Generate Leads from Your Website
It doesn’t matter how good your website looks or how much traffic it attracts if you don’t get any leads. The fact is, leads won’t come in on their own. You need to take steps and include features on your website that encourage people to give you their information. Once you start successfully collecting leads you can begin optimising to ensure you get as many as possible. You can also work on your conversion rate to turn more of those leads into sales and profits. It all starts with getting leads, though. The Lead Magnet If you don’t give your visitors a compelling reason to give you their contact information, they won’t. One of the best methods of getting leads on a website is by using lead magnets. Lead magnets are something that you offer the visitor in exchange for their contact information, which is usually their email address. Examples of lead magnets include:
- Resource, such as “100 best…” or “50 tips to…”
- Free trial if your product or service is suitable
- Video such as a video tutorial
- Free analysis or assessment such as “free analysis of your business Facebook page…”
- They generate leads
- The leads they generate are from people at all stages in the buying cycle
- They help to build your reputation as an expert in your industry
- They allow you to start a conversation with the potential customer
- Well placed buttons – you should have “Free Quote” or “Free Consultation” buttons in prominent positions on each page of your website. In addition, the button should be big and should have a design that gets attention.
- Exit overlay – an exit overlay displays a popover when the user’s browser detects they are about to leave your website. It gives you one last chance to offer the visitor something in return for their contact information. This can be your main lead magnet or something additional that will get their attention.
- Live chat – adding a live chat feature to your website lets visitors quickly and easily ask you questions or find information. It is unobtrusive and the user is in control, so it doesn’t put visitors off, plus it’s effective at getting leads.
- Social proof – adding testimonials to your website increases confidence and trust levels. This will encourage visitors to give you their contact details as it shows you have a proven track record.
- Add trust signals – other trust signals you can add include details of awards you’ve won or certifications you have.
- Call to action – it is also important to include calls to action on your website. If you don’t ask your users to give you their contact details or request a quote, they won’t.
- Blog – blogging improves your reputation and level of authority which can also generate leads.