Whether you sell products online or not, you can find new customers for your business using online marketing. There are lots of marketing channels you can use to reach and convert those customers. Central to your success in achieving this objective, however, is your website, so it needs to be as good as possible. What is great website design in Auckland, though?
Focus on the Goal
There are lots of technical, structural, and design elements that make up a website. The most important thing to remember, however, is that every decision taken when designing your website must be focused on making your online marketing efforts a success.
This applies to the colours you choose, the content you include, the design of the navigation, etc. Everything must have the right focus.
This might sound like a straightforward approach, but when looking for website design in Auckland, you’ll encounter a lot of designers whose objectives won’t be in line with yours.
So, here’s the first tip – make sure you get a website designer who understands how to develop websites that generate leads and/or sales.
Here are some pointers to help you determine if a website designer has your online success in mind.
Usability and Navigation
This is a huge topic, but the main points to consider are:
- Is the website super easy to use? For example, there shouldn’t be any requirement for pointers or tips as everything should be self-explanatory.
- Does the structure of the content and the design of the navigation make it quick and easy for users to find what they are looking for? Ideally, they should be able to find what they need in one or two clicks.
- Does the website work on mobile devices and is it as easy to use on mobile as it is on desktop? For example, are the buttons as easy to tap on with a finger as they are to click on with a mouse?
- Are key sections of your website smooth and fully functional? Contact forms and checkout processes are two of the most important as these are the sections that will help you generate sales.
Appealing to Your Audience
As well as having good navigation and an easy to use website, your website should also be appealing to your audience. It should be modern too, so it looks fresh and up-to-date.
Content and Calls to Action
The content on your website – the text, images, and video – should be focused on your customers. Specifically, it should answer questions that a user will have when they visit your website.
Here are some examples of the questions that visitors might have:
- “Does this company understand what I need/the problem I have, and do they have a solution?”
- “Does this company have experience delivering similar solutions, i.e. will they be able to deliver on their promises?”
- “Do I trust this company?Do they have a good reputation in the industry?”
The content on your website should answer these questions as well as others that visitors to your website might have.
Additionally, you must have well-worded and, in the case of buttons, well-designed calls-to-action. This is where you directly ask the visitor to do something. Examples include:
- Phone you
- Complete a contact form
- Send you an email
- Add a product to a shopping cart
- Buy a product
In summary, when looking for a company that offers website design in Auckland to develop your new online presence, make sure their focus isn’t on delivering a technically brilliant or heavily design-oriented website. Instead, their focus should be on things like the above to help make your business a success online.