Adding a blog to your website may seem like a daunting task. Even when you get through the technical part of creating a blog section, how are you going to write content to keep it regularly updated?
Add this to the fact that many people find it hard to identify a tangible return on investment from adding a blog to their website. As a result, they don’t.
Even when people do, they don’t know where to look to see how the blog is benefiting their business. The blog section then becomes neglected.
The reality, however, is that adding a blog to your website and keeping it regularly updated will get you sales. Therefore, you will get a return on investment from having a blog on your website.
The Blogging Strategy
Blogs give Google more content to evaluate when looking at your website. The result is that Google will add your website (via the blog page) to the search results pages of more keywords. In addition, many of those keywords will be longtail keywords where people are looking for very specific information. These keywords usually have little competition, so it is easy to rank in a high position.
For keywords that are more competitive, there are things you can do to help you move up the rankings:
- Wait – older content typically ranks higher in Google than brand new content. So, wait it out a bit.
- Keep it up-to-date – you must keep the content up-to-date, however. This ensures Google knows the blog is not only well-aged but is also fresh. For example, let’s say you write a blog with the title Top 10 tips for Buying a Diamond Engagement Ring. The longer it stays published the better, so long as you go back to it regularly to update it with new information and to remove anything that has become obsolete.
- Promote the blog – the next thing you need is links. There are lots of strategies you can use to achieve this, some of which can be quite expensive and/or time-consuming. There are some simple things you can do, however. This includes sharing the blogs you publish on social media as well as in your email marketing campaigns (if you don’t use social media or email marketing, you should consider starting).
How the Above Blogging Strategy Gets You Sales
When you do all the above, your website will:
- Appear in Google for a greater number of keywords
- Appear in a higher position for those keywords
Three main things will result from this:
- More people will see your brand on Google
- More people will visit your website
- Your reputation in the industry will be enhanced
This, in turn, will lead to customers thinking of you when they are making a buying decision. After all, they will already have had an interaction with your brand. They could do this immediately after doing the Google search and reading your blog, or it can happen hours, days, weeks, or months later.
It’s a simple equation – more of the right type of person visiting your website will increase your sales.
So, speak to your website designer in Auckland today about getting a blog added to your website.