If Your SEO Agency in Auckland Only Targets Popular Search Terms, It’s Wasting Your Money
When people think about SEO, they often think quantity. This usually means targeting the most popular search terms (keywords) and getting as much traffic to your website as possible. However, a high-quality and results-focused SEO agency in Auckland will not take this approach. This is because one of the main reasons SEO strategies fail is because they target the most popular search terms. In most cases, this approach doesn’t deliver a return on investment. Why People Target Popular Keywords Popular keywords get hundreds or even thousands of searches a day. However, these search terms usually have two things in common:
- They are very general
- They are highly competitive
- Long tail keywords are less competitive – this makes it easier to achieve a high rank in Google
- Conversion rates are better with long tail keywords – according to some research, long tail keywords have conversion rates that are 2.5 times higher than shorter keywords
- “women’s urban bikes”
- “women’s bike brands”
- “women’s commuter bikes”
- “women’s all-rounder bikes”
- “Liv Rove 2 stockists”
- “Liv Rove 2 in Auckland”
- “Liv Rove 2 price”
- “Liv Rove 2 offers”
- “buy Liv Rove 2 in Auckland”
- Identify the keywords you will target – the first step is to research long tail keywords that people do use and that have buying intent. These are the ones you should be interested in.
- Research the keywords – the next step involves checking the pages that currently rank for your target keywords. Your objective is to make your page better than those that are already ranking.
- Create the best content on the internet – you then need to create a page focused on each long tail keyword. You must optimise it for the keyword, but it should also be better than any other page currently ranking on page one of Google.
- Promote your page – finally, promote your newly created page on social media, your blog, via email marketing, and by any other method you can use. You want the page to be read by as many people as possible in the hope they will link to it.