How to make an effective Facebook ad?
I assume you are already running a Facebook ad and want to take it to the next level. Facebook ads are very profitable and there are numerous ways to make them effective. Everyone can run Facebook ads today as they are easy to setup. Just write a few words and upload an image and you are good to go. However, if you want to run a Facebook ad effectively then this simple approach won’t work for you. In this article, I will show you how to create an effective Facebook ad.
- Ad Headline The Ad headline is the first thing that people will notice. It’s important you grab your audience’s attention from the first look at your ad. According to a recent study, 70% of people only read the headline of content shared with them on Facebook before sharing it themselves. Sometimes, headlines are so interesting that people share it before even reading the content. So, headlines can make a huge difference in the CTR and CPC of your Facebook Ads. To write attractive headlines, follow these three best practices: 1. Be clear and to the point 2. Use words such as “Get” and “Try” 3. Clearly explain the benefits of your product or service
- Target Audience Targeting is the most important factor when creating a successful Facebook ad. You can make a highly attractive ad but it will not work unless it reaches the right audience. The secret to targeting is making the audience narrow. You should never use a broad audience unless you are a multinational company like Coca Cola or Toyota.
- Align Your Ad The content in your Facebook Ad should be aligned with the content of the link attached to it. In this way, people will get what you promise them on the ad. Secondly, you will get a high CTR which means you will pay less while reaching a larger audience. This also increases your conversion rate.
- Test One Ad at a Time It is recommended you run one ad at a time for testing. For example, take one ad, duplicate it, and then make changes such as giving it a new headline. When you run one ad at a time you can test which performs better.
- Experiment with Ad Placement Experiment with different ad placements instead of selecting all placements. Then, test your ad to see which placements work well. For instance, try the news feed then go for right column ads – you can even try an Instagram ad placement. Also, check mobile and desktop placements separately. This technique will allow you to control your budget and reach a more precise target audience. There are different ways to optimise your Facebook ads. You should experiment with different headlines, audiences, placements, and more to improve the results from your Facebook advertising.