There are certain SEO trends in 2023 that all business owners with websites for their companies should pay attention to. There are many trends and tactics that are popular right now, but the five trends in this article are some of the most prominent.
It’s extremely important for you to keep your site updated with modern tactics and web design methods so that your site stays current. This will show your customers and guests that you pay attention to what’s effective and that you care enough to keep your site updated.
On the other hand, if you stick to what worked a few years ago, your site could look outdated and old, which isn’t exactly how you want people to see your Auckland business. A beautiful site that’s clearly well taken care of will help people realise that your business, just like your site, has had a lot of passion and thought put into it.
So, what SEO trends should you focus on in 2023?
Essential SEO Trends That You Need To Pay Attention To For Your Website
There are always different trends and methods popping up in the world of SEO, but these five are particularly important right now:
1. Voice Search Optimisation. Think about how many times you’ve heard someone ask their phone or AI assistant something. Or, think about how many times you’ve used it yourself. Voice search has only been getting better in the past few years, so it’s no surprise that optimising your content and site for voice search is one of the top SEO trends of 2023.
The technology used for voice search is more advanced today than it was a few years ago. If you ask Alexa, Siri or another AI assistant for some help, chances are, they’ll know exactly what you said and give you the answers you need.
You may wonder, ‘Isn’t voice search the same thing as writing out your questions on Google, just out loud?’ Yes, but also no.
Although we might have the same intent, whether we voice a question out loud or type it in the search bar ourselves, we tend to speak and type differently.
For example, let’s say you’re in the mood for some tasty local cuisine. If you were to type that into Google, you might write ‘Auckland restaurant near me.’ But if you were to ask an AI assistant, you would most likely say, ‘Hey, are there any good restaurants near here?’
Even though both those questions are looking for the same answer, they’re both formatted very differently! Content writers and web designers need to keep this in mind when optimising for voice search.
2. High-Quality Content, Not Just A High Quantity Of Content. With how fast-paced the internet world is, you may be tempted to pump out as much content as possible to reach as many people as possible. Uploading as frequently as you can could give you attention. But that attention might not go as far as you’d like.
This is why quality content, not just heaps of content, is one of the most important SEO trends of 2023. Try your best to create content that’s legitimately helpful and valuable for everyone who reads it.
In addition, make sure your content is relevant to your business. If you’re a pet care store, then post articles about pet care and pet products. This will be helpful for your target audience, and it will help drive people towards your specific products or services.
3. E-A-T. This stands for ‘Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness.’ These are three very vital things when you want to create good content! They’ll help you make good content that people can trust and rely on when they need help from an Auckland business like yours.
Furthermore, Google’s algorithm itself uses these three qualities to rank websites in search results. Google doesn’t want to push low-quality content that’s full of keyword stuffing or poorly-generated content; it only wants to offer its users the highest-quality content it can to show that it’s a reliable source of information.
Businesses can improve their E-A-T by publishing high-quality content, building backlinks from authoritative websites and participating in good online communities.
Remember, people look for high-quality content, and the best high-quality content comes from high-quality sources. You want your site to be as trustworthy and reliable as possible. 2023 SEO trends like this can help you improve your site’s noteworthiness in your field.
4. Personalisation. Google is increasingly personalising search results based on a user’s individual search history, location and other factors. This makes it easier for users to quickly find information that’s relevant to their interests and situations.
So, businesses need to create content that is relevant to their specified audience and that is optimised for different search queries. If you’re located in Auckland, and your customers are Auckland-based, make sure your content shows it. Then, people searching for a business like yours in Auckland will be able to find you quickly.
5. Artificial Intelligence (AI). AI is becoming more popular and important in many aspects of our lives, including SEO. It’s often included in lists of 2023 SEO trends because AI technology is getting more advanced and, therefore, more useful. Many smart SEO professionals are now using a wealth of AI tools to streamline their work and produce better results.
AI programs can automate tasks such as keyword research, link building and content optimisation. It can also be used to analyse data and websites to identify strong and weak areas.
However, it is important to remember that AI is not perfect. AI programs use their databases and technology to generate smart answers, but that doesn’t mean they never mess up. The best way to utilise AI is to put it in the hands of clever professionals who know how to check AI-generated results and alter them to improve them.
One Easy Way To Make Sure Your Site Stays Beautiful And Informative
You don’t have to delve into all of these SEO trends yourself if you’re unfamiliar with web design or SEO tactics. Instead, you can let us at Kiwi Website Design handle it all for you.
Our team is here to provide you with excellent services regarding web design, SEO and more. You can even use our completely free ‘cost your project’ tool on our site to discover how much your services will cost.
Would you like to know more? You can give us a call on 0800 932 669 if you’d like to speak with us.
Kiwi Website Design: Helping your site stay ahead of the curve!