10 Tips to Improve Website Form Conversion Rates
Forms are an important part of your website. They make it easy for visitors to get in contact with you, of course, but they are also an essential part of your lead generation process. Therefore, you should spend time to ensure the forms on your website are as good as they can be. Below are 10 tips to improve the forms on your website, particularly in relation to enhancing your conversion rate. You may need the help of a website designer in Auckland, but it will be worth going through these optimising steps. If you are getting a new website designed, make sure you have the below elements in place from the start.
1. Put the Form in the Right PlaceThis applies to all forms, but it’s particularly important for lead generation forms. The best place to put them is above the fold, i.e. close to the top of the page so users on computers can see the form before they scroll.
2. Include a Compelling Call to ActionTell your website users what you want them to do and give them a compelling reason for doing so. Examples include “book a free consultation” or “get your free customised analysis”.
3. Keep the Form ShortIf your website form asks for lots of information, you will find that people will be unwilling to use it. So, only ask for what you absolutely need. Also, make as many of the fields as you can optional.
4. Make the Form as Simple to Use as PossiblePractical tips for making your website forms easy to use include:
- Use colour contrasts to ensure the form is easy to read
- HTML5 input types make it easy for users to enter information like dates, so incorporate this structure in your forms
- Avoid using captchas if you can. They are frustrating for users and there are alternative methods for preventing spam.
- Add predefined options to applicable fields
- Ensure the user has to type as little as possible