Search Engine Optimization Tips
If you just build a website and do nothing in relation to SEO, it is unlikely many people will visit it. Here are 10 essential SEO tips that will increase your visibility in Google. This, in turn, will bring more traffic to your site.
1. Move your website to WordPress
There are lots of tools and platforms you can use to build a website. For most, however, the best option is WordPress. It is the most popular platform, it has powerful functionality, and it’s easy to use. Plus, it has great SEO plugins you can install – more of that later.
2. Optimise for mobile
When going through the process of getting a website designed, most people think about the desktop version first. This is not the way Google looks at your site, though. In addition, a significant proportion of your visitors will use mobile devices to browse and use your site. You should, therefore, concentrate on optimising for mobile first both in terms of appearance and functionality.
3. Fix errors
Google hates errors on websites so you should find them and fix them. One of the best tools you can use to do this is Google Webmaster Tools. It shows you what Google sees when it looks at your site, including the errors.
4. Do an SEO audit
The next stage is to run your website through an SEO audit service. There are many services available for this including Neil Patel’s SEO analyser and SEMrush, plus you can do a search on Google for alternatives. Most offer a free initial analysis that will give you enough information to work on. This includes information on your site’s keywords, backlinks, page load speed, and more.
Get your site Ranked No.1 on google with your desired keywords, Contact KWD SEO Auckland
5. Optimise your content
This step includes:
- Installing Yoast on your website. It is an SEO plugin with features like checking the keyword density on a page, showing you how the page looks in Google, analysing the quality of writing on the page, and more. There is a premium version, but the free version has enough features to get you started.
- Ensure the writing on your website is high-quality and error free. It is usually a good idea to use a professional proof reader, copywriter, or editor to do this for you.
- Ensure the visuals on your website are fantastic. This includes adding infographics and making images personal to your business rather than using stock images.
6. Create and submit a sitemap
The Yoast WordPress plugin will create this. You should then submit it to Google Webmaster Tools and to Bing. The sitemap helps search engines understand the content on your website.
7. Start blogging
A blog will bring more traffic to your website, plus it helps with SEO. For example, a blog will bring more long-tail search traffic to your site. It also helps with the following tips.
8. Submit content to RSS feeds
Google doesn’t take RSS feed submission into account but this tip can still help with SEO. By submitting your content to RSS feeds, more people will see it which will generate traffic as well as backlinks and follows on social media. Google does take these things into account.
9. Get Backlinks by guest blogging
Guest blogging on popular websites in your industry will bring additional traffic to your website. It also helps to increase your profile and reputation. Plus, guest blogging will generate additional backlinks to help with SEO.
10. Add a related posts section
Google looks at a number of factors in relation to your website. Generally speaking, it regards it as good when people who visit your website look at more than one page. Plus, the more time they spend on your site the better. Adding a related posts section helps keep people on your website for longer.
There is quite a bit in the above 10 tips and you might need help implementing them. They are all, however, important for SEO.
You May Also Like
- 3 Reasons Why WordPress Is Such a Popular Platform for Building Websites
- Why You Should Hire A Digital Marketing Agency For Your Small Businesses
- 8 Benefits of Having WordPress-Based Websites for Your Business