SEO continuously evolves over time, and in 2023, E-A-T is something that everyone should be focusing on. This crucial concept can be used to improve the core of your website and make it better in the eyes of Google’s algorithm and the eyes of your valued customers. If you want your website to get to the top of the search results page, it’s vital that you understand what E-A-T is.
In this informative article, we will go over these basic topics:
- What Is E-A-T?
- Why Is E-A-T Important To SEO?
- How Can E-A-T Improve The Content On Your Website?
- How does Google score E-A-T?
What Is E-A-T?
E-A-T is an acronym that stands for ‘Expertise, Authority and Trust.’ These core concepts are vital because they can make your audience trust in your content and believe what you have to say.
When someone trusts you, they’re more likely to become interested in your company, and they’re far more likely to purchase your goods or services.
To break it down even further, E-A-T means:
Expertise. This refers to how much knowledge and experience someone has in their field of work. Naturally, people are more likely to trust and listen to people with a lot of knowledge regarding the subject they are discussing. If you appear like an amateur who doesn’t quite know what they’re talking about, people might not trust what you have to say.
For example, you’re likely to trust a professional baker talking about proper baking techniques. But if you’re hearing the same information from someone who doesn’t appear to have any training or experience with baking, you might be suspicious of their knowledge.
Authority. This refers to how much authority, or power to influence others, you have on a subject. Your authority can be boosted if you back up your claims with evidence, reliable sources and other content that supports your ideas. After all, if you show that your thoughts are properly researched, people will see that you’ve done your work and that you know what you’re speaking about.
Trust. Finally, this refers to how trustworthy you are. Can your audience trust what you have to say? Or should they look at your content with suspicious eyes? People want to listen to companies that they can trust, not companies that seem like they’re only out to make some quick money.
You can boost your trustworthiness by exhibiting consistent, reliable behaviour. Deliver goods and services at reliable speeds, speak respectfully to your customers, be completely transparent about your fees and so on.
Why Is This Concept So Important In SEO?
After learning what E-A-T is, you can probably see why it’s so incredibly essential in SEO today – and why it will continue to be essential in 2023 and beyond.
If your content has good E-A-T qualities, your customers will be far more likely to trust you. Past customers will come back for more of their favourite goods from you, and new potential customers will be more intrigued because they’ll know that they can trust you.
When you have a website for your business, you want every view and every click to count. Show your readers and customers that you mean business with fantastic content that shows off your expertise, displays your authority and tells everyone that you’re a trustworthy company that New Zealanders can rely on.
Great E-A-T qualities can improve your site in the following ways:
- Better Visibility And Rankings. Your site will do better if your content is trustworthy, easy to read and very informative. So, if you improve your E-A-T, your site will most likely do better in the algorithm.
- More Trust. Quality content is far more trustworthy than low-quality content.
- Enhanced User Experience. You want your audience to have good experiences when they visit your site. Good web design and quality content both lend themselves well to good user experiences.
However, although E-A-T is very important when it comes to developing a bond with your client base through your content, it’s also vital for another reason – Google can judge your website and its content based on E-A-T.
How Does Google Judge E-A-T In SEO Content?
Google will judge your web pages based on your E-A-T qualities and your pages’ main content. Your page’s ‘main content’ refers to the primary information on that page, such as its article’s content.
Naturally, Google doesn’t want to promote potentially false or harmful information in its search engine. Determining if your site is trustworthy is especially important on sites with health or medical-related information. Accidentally promoting incorrect information can be dangerous.
Google will evaluate your content based on several factors, including E-A-T, to determine where your site should rank.
To do this, Google will:
- Use E-A-T To Evaluate How Trustworthy Your Site Is. Is your information accurate? Is your site trustworthy? It will look at the content itself, the sources in the content, the links used in the content and so on to determine if readers can believe in your words.
- Additionally, It Will Look At Your Site’s Design Itself. Fantastic web design is also good for SEO, along with E-A-T. Websites with good, user-friendly designs are likelier to be promoted than websites with poor, hard-to-use designs.
- Evaluate Your E-A-T Qualities To Determine Where To Rank Your Site. If Google decides you’re a trustworthy source of information, it’s more likely to rank your site higher. This means that more people will find your site easier and see what your unique company has to offer them.
How Can I Improve My Site’s E-A-T Qualities?
The best way for you to improve your website’s SEO is to work with a reliable company, like us at Kiwi Website Design. We’re thrilled to help you improve your SEO and get your website to the top of the rankings.
Our friendly team would love to speak with you if you wish to make your site’s look, design, content and more even better. We invite you to call us at 0800 932 669 to get in touch. Or, you can visit our website’s contact page to reach us there.
E-A-T is one of the keys to good SEO – be sure your site has great qualities with Kiwi Website Design.