It’s not enough to have top-tier goods and services to succeed; you also need to market correctly, improve your SEO and ensure your potential customers can find your business. After all, it’s much more difficult to succeed as an Auckland business if no one knows you’re open and ready to help them.
Luckily, there are some online tools you can use to make your business easily accessible to people who are searching for your type of company. An official Google Business Profile can do wonders.
Keep reading to learn the answers to the following questions:
- What Is Google My Business?
- Why Is Google My Business Important To My Success?
- How Can I Optimise My Google My Business Profile?
- What Else Can I Do To Enhance My Local SEO?
What Is Google My Business?
Google My Business, also known as Google Business Profile, is an online tool provided by Google that is completely free. This tool allows you to create an official profile for your business. That profile can appear when people use Google to search for a company like yours.
Have you ever searched for a business on Google, only to have a neat profile box appear to the right of your screen with details about that business? That’s a result of that company smartly creating an official Google Business Profile for their company.
An official Google Business Profile can be extremely beneficial for local SEO because:
- It Shows Your Address And Details. What’s the first thing you look for when searching for local businesses to buy from? The address and business description, of course. A Google Business Profile lists your address and details immediately so people can learn where you are.
- It’s Easy To See And Read. The business profiles are formatted and placed in a way that is very easy to see, read and understand. Your customers won’t need to dig for information.
- It Directly Shows Your Business As A Clear Search Result. It’s no secret that people usually trust the highest results when searching for things on Google. Even if your business is just one tier lower than another, most people will click on the higher result first. So, having your business profile appear immediately, with pertinent information and photos, can boost your website traffic.
How Can I Fully Optimise My Google My Business Profile To Draw In More Customers?
Your customers may be annoyed if they can’t find the right info they need from your business profile, and they may go to a competitor instead. You don’t want this! What do you do to make your profile as effective as possible?
To get started, consider the following crucial steps:
Fully Complete Your Profile. Always fully complete your profile with all the information you can give. But, be sure you keep your info concise, clear and to the point. You want your customers to get all the information they need to decide if they want to give you their business, but you don’t want to be too long-winded or frustrating to read.
Do your best to fill in all the areas you need to fill in. Leaving anything blank can be off-putting to viewers because most people want the full picture before visiting your establishment.
Make Sure All Of Your Information Is Accurate. Always keep all of your information accurate and consistent across all of your online profiles. This includes your Google My Business profile, your official business website and all of your social media accounts associated with your company. This is especially important regarding your address and business name.
Fill In Your Business Description. Write a business description that’s interesting, inviting and to the point. Someone who’s never heard of you before should be able to understand what you do and how you can benefit their lives.
Keep Your Hours Updated With Accurate Numbers. Have you ever gone to visit one of your favourite shops, only to find that it was closed? How frustrating! You never want to put any of your loyal customers in this position. Of course, certain unavoidable incidents can’t be predicted, but if you have a set plan for your business hours you should always make those hours clear and easily available.
Make sure your business hours are listed, and keep them updated if any times ever change. Ensure that you’ve included details such as if you’re ever closed on holidays or during special events.
Choose The Right Categories For Your Company. Label your business with the right categories and descriptors so that people who are searching for businesses of your type can find you easily. Do your best to include any relevant keywords that people could search for.
What Else Can I Do To Better My Local SEO?
Is there anything else you should do to boost your local SEO? Think about:
- Always Include Your Location. Always include your location when possible. If you’re located in Auckland, New Zealand, be sure to make reference to this when you can.
- Publish Content That’s Relevant To Your Area. Writing generalised content can help appeal to more people around the world, but it doesn’t exactly help your local SEO as much as you’d like. Write content that acknowledges your location, local events and things that are relevant to your area.
- Work With SEO Strategists Who Know What They’re Doing. Perhaps the best way to improve your local SEO is to work with people who have the knowledge and experience to know exactly what to do. Look for an Auckland company that can give you the help you need.
How Can I Start The Process To Improve My Business’s SEO Right Now?
When it comes to improving your business, you can never start too soon – there’s always room for improvement! Call us at Kiwi Website Design if you want to start making your company better, more successful and easier to find right now.
We’ve helped businesses of all kinds with their SEO, website design and more. Feel free to come and view our portfolio to see what kind of work we’ve done. Do you like anything you see? Would you like to talk to us about what we can do for you? Call us now at 0800 932 669 we’d love to talk!
Fully optimise your business for the digital world with Kiwi Website Design.
Comments are closed.