How To Hire The Right Digital Marketing Strategist For My Business
So, you’re looking for a marketing extraordinaire to expand the success of your business, but you’re unsure where to start? The addition of a digital marketing strategist to your business is an exciting and revolutionary step in achieving your business goals. Deciding on whether to hire an individual or to outsource a digital marketing strategist can be a confusing task. Luckily for you, we have compiled our very best advice and top tips to ensure you made the right decision for your growing company.
Let’s start by answering the big questions:
What Does A Marketing Strategist Do?
A digital marketing strategist understands all relevant marketing channels that benefit your business and prioritises them to create a strong plan. This will ensure you are achieving your business growth goals in good time.
Some of the marketing channels the right strategist will focus on include:
- Emphasising your website:
This is your most important marketing channel, as it is where users first come to learn about your business. A good digital marketing strategist will ensure your website creates a good first impression by accurately representing your brand, letting visitors know who you are and what you are selling. A good digital strategist will conduct a website audit to check your site’s performance before making a plan.
- Marketing your content and SEO effectively:
Your digital marketing strategist will understand the importance of SEO and how it works to improve the visibility and readability of your website. Optimising the written content of your platform by using keywords and phrases will keep your website relevant and at the top of search engine pages. Through creating compelling content and implementing SEO campaigns, you can expect to see a drastic improvement in your conversions.
- Focusing on social media marketing:
The right digital marketing strategist will ensure you are reaching as many platforms as possible. Posting blogs to accompany the descriptions of your products and services is an excellent way to engage customers on social media platforms. Creating user-friendly, relatable written content for your business is essential for both your SEO and your conversions. Blogs are shareable and easily accessible, making them the most efficient way to reach more customers. Companies that regularly post blogs get 55% more traffic.
How Will A Digital Marketing Strategist Reach My Company Goals?
The right digital marketing strategist will start by mapping your customers’ journey. They will do this by following specific marketing strategy processes. These processes will ensure you are reaching your target clients and maximising the effect of your marketing efforts.
The key steps the right digital marketing strategist will follow are:
1. Understanding your customers
- Know who your target clients are and what they are hoping to see on your website.
2. Analysing your businesses SWOT
- Identify your businesses Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats and use them to modify and create bullet-proof marketing plans.
3. Reviewing your market competition
- The right digital marketing strategist will keep up with the competition, constantly reviewing and analysing where improvements can be made to ensure you are always up to date.
4. Creating your marketing network
- Identifying people you need to work with and reviewing your networking plan is how the right digital marketing strategist will optimise your marketing efforts.
5. Planning your marketing mix
- Make sure your products, their price, their place and their promotion are optimised to produce the desired response from your target market.
6. Focusing on design and its execution
- The right digital marketing strategist will ensure that all aspects of design are visually literate to visitors. Learning that content with relevant images gets 94% more views shows us how important seamless design is to your marketing.
7. Reviewing and revising all aspects
- Digital marketing is all about taking these 7 stages and mapping out the appropriate campaigns for each of them, ensuring coherence across the board. A good thing to remember is – Strategy without execution never provides solutions.
Should I Hire An Individual To Join My Team Or Outsource To A Marketing Agency?
It is absolutely essential your business is adequately equipped with up to date marketing tools and strategies. Hiring the right digital marketing strategist is the key to unlocking the full potential of your business.
We believe working with a marketing agency is the only way to go when developing your online presence, as a full team of professionals is always going to out-smart and achieve more than a sole digital marketer. Agencies offer more variety in the marketing solutions available to you, no matter how big or small your business.
So you feel confident in this avenue, we have consolidated the key benefits of digital marketing strategists who work within an agency.
The benefits of hiring a marketing agency
- Unlimited access to professionals with proven expertise.
Digital marketing agencies specialise in the latest and greatest marketing strategies, creative and technical products and services. You are essentially getting the services and expertise from an entire team of marketing professionals dedicated to achieving tangible results.
- Project flexibility
Agencies offer flexibility in the services they offer, which means they can deliver a marketing strategy tailored to your business goals and help you prioritise your marketing activities for maximum ROI. . Agencies can also handle the larger projects for your business with ease, so you can focus on providing the best service or product for your customers.
- Save time and money
A digital marketing agency is a one-stop-shop, so there will be no shopping around wasting time trying to find the best individuals for the job.
- Insight into the latest trends and resources
Keeping up with the latest technologies and trends is a full-time job. That’s why working with a digital marketing agency sets you up with a full arsenal of marketing tools. The team at KWD actually has employees who discover and create new online pathways.
To ensure your business is growing, you’re going to need a team with their finger on the pulse. Keeping up with the technical resources required to make your business happen is a team effort.
Why Choose Us
Hiring an industry-leading digital marketing team is the most valuable investment you will make for your business. You are making the executive decision to partner up with a team dedicated to providing you with results and cutting edge technology.
Our digital marketing team at KWD are extraordinary strategists. We are experts in website design, digital marketing and search engine optimisation. We offer a free website audit so you can gauge where you want to start. Get in touch with our team, and we can sit down, have a cup of coffee and transform your business.